The tools that powered my daily life as a software engineer.
- 🎒Aer Tech Pack - Absolutely phenomenal bag with minimalistic design and water resistant, perfect for the rainy Saigon.
- 💻15-inch 2018 Macbook Pro - I’d love it more if it didn’t break twice a year.
- 📱iPhone XS Max - For taking mundane daily photos, and to Uber around.
- 📧11-inch iPad Pro with Smart Keyboard - OMG, this is currently my most favorite Apple device, I’m on it most of the time when I’m not coding.
- 🎧Bose QC35 - A godsent if you travel often, or usually work in coffee shops.
- 👂AirPods 2 - I use it to listen to podcasts while commuting around the city.
- 👛distilunion’s Wally Bifold - it has been with me for ~ 3 years and still holding strong
- 📦Samsung Portable SSD T5 - Mostly used to tranfer files around my iPad and MBP.
- 🖲Logitech MX Master 2S - When I need that ergonomic feeling.
- 📒Muji’s stationery - I’m a big fan of Muji and its simple design, I carry around a notebook, and some Muji pens.
- 🚠Cables - A bunch of USB-C, lighting cables mostly from Anker.
- 🀄️Moom - It’s like i3wm but for macOS.
- 🐳Docker - When I need to spin up a background services or a Tensorflow instance
- 💬Telegram - Communication tool of choice. Man you gotta appreciate the speed of the app
- 🔐1Password - To store all my passwords, OTP, private keys and other secured notes
- 🗒iA Writer - All my notes are in markdown and put under version control as a Pragmatic Programmer
- 🎩Alfred - From opening apps, to sophisticated workflows, Alfred is the savior
- 🐛Xcode - Swift
- 📑Dash - To quickly look up API documentation using Alfred integration.
- 🛡Adguard - I love ads.
- 🐘TablePlus -
SELECT * FROM chair
- 👨🚀Proxyman - A native HTTP proxy debugging app.
“Where there is a shell, there’s a way”
I’m most productive if given a shell, my configs are on dotfiles.
- 🐡Fish - “Out Of The Box” shell that’s arguably better than zsh
- 📝Neovim - My text editor of choice that needs no introduction
- 🔍fzf - fuzzy finder for everything
- 🔌tmux - screen multiplexer, long running tasks, tile management, you name it.
- 📖tldr - dead simple man page with examples.
- 💀ripgrep - a better
- 🐙hub - a
gitwrapper that allows me to interact with Github from the CLI (creating repo, creating PR)